17 Sep Arriving Puerto Iguazu / Staying in Puerto Iguazu / Argentine + Brazil Side of Falls / Departing Puerto Iguazu
Choose this Transport Combo if the following describes your visit to Iguazu
- Arriving at the Puerto Iguazu (IGR) Airport
- Hotel is located in Puerto Iguazu (Argentina)
- You wish to visit both the Argentine & Brazilian Side of Falls
- Departing from the Puerto Iguazu (IGR) Airport
This package is perfect if you have booked a hotel in Puerto Iguazu, and require round trip airport transfers, plus transport to see the Argentine Side of the Falls and the Brazilian Side of the Falls.
- Professional Driver
- Airport to Hotel (Private Transfer)
- Argentine Side of the Falls (Private Round Trip Transfer)
- Brazil Side of Falls (Private Round Trip Transfer)
- Hotel to Airport (Private Transfer).
- Entrances to the falls
- Entrances to other attractions not mentioned
- Food or beverages
- Others not mentioned
Tip 1 – Save time by combining an airport transfer with a visit to the falls – if you don´t have 2 full days to see both sides of the falls, then save time by combining an airport transfer with a visit to one side of the falls. For example, we can pick you up and take you straight to the falls, and later pick you up again and take you to your hotel. Alternatively, on the day you depart, we can first take you to the falls, and then pick you up later to take you to the airport.
Tip 2 – Transfer to both side of the falls on the same day – Although we believe you will have a better experience seeing each side of the falls on separate day´s, we understand that sometimes your travel plans and flight schedules do not allow this. In these cases, you may program your visit to both sides of the falls on the same day.
Argentine Side of Falls (Private Round Trip Transfer)
You will be collected from your accommodation in Puerto Iguazu and transported to the entrance of the Argentine Side of the Falls. When you reach the entrance, your driver will explain how to time your visit to the park and you agree on a time to meet them later for the trip back to your hotel.
If you are doing the boat trip under the falls, the driver will explain the location of the starting point. The rest of the time you are free to explore on your own.
Scheduling the Argentine Side of the Falls.
While making your reservation, you will be asked which day you want to visit the Argentine side of the falls, and it is possible to do it the day you arrive, or the day you depart if time allows. Or visit on a free day.
- The day you arrive – if you choose this day, your flight needs to arrive before 12:00 Midday to have enough time to see the falls before they close.
- The day you depart – if you choose this day, your departure flight should be no earlier than 16:00 pm to have enough time to see the falls.
- The gates to the national park open daily at 08:00 am, and you need to exit the park by 18:00 pm when it closes.
- We recommend that you choose a departure before 12:00 midday to have enough time to see the falls before the park closes.
- If you walk quickly, you can see the falls in around 5 hours in the low season or 6 hours in the high season.
- To visit the falls at a comfortable pace you need about 6 hours in the low season or 7 hours in the high season.
- If you want to do the optional Great Adventure Boat Trip located inside the park, calculate 1.5 hours for this.
Brazilian Side of the Falls (Private Round Trip Transfer)
Your visit to the Brazilian Side of the falls is made in a private vehicle, which allows us to schedule your pickup time to suit your plans. You will be collected from your hotel in Puerto Iguazu and driven across the border to Brazil stopping at the immigration controls. You will be dropped off at the entrance to the national park where you set the time and place for your return transfer directly with your driver. Once you enter the park, there are free buses that take you to the start of the trail to the falls. These same buses will later return you to the entrance.
Scheduling the Brazil Side of the Falls.
While making your reservation, you will be asked which day you want to visit the Brazilian falls, and it is possible to do it the day you arrive, or the day you depart if time allows.
- The day you arrive – if you choose this day, your flight needs to arrive before 12:00 Midday to have enough time to cross the border and see the falls before they close.
- The day you depart – if you choose this day, your departure flight should be no earlier than 15:00 pm to have enough time to see the falls
Timing at the Brazilian Side of the Falls
- The park opens at 09:00am and closes at 18:00pm
- If you walk quickly, you can see the falls in 2.5 hours.
- To visit the falls at a comfortable pace you need at least 3 hours.
- If you want to do the Brazilian Bird Park located near the entrance, calculate about 1.5 hours more.
- If you want to do the Boat under the falls located inside the park, calculate an extra 2 hours.
- If you want to do the Helicopter located near the entrance, calculate about 1 hour more. The flight only takes 10 minutes, but there is often waiting time.
About This Transport Combo
Number of participants: 1 to 12 people (contact us if you need group rates for more participants)
Frequency: You may start this transport combo on any day of the week.
Currency: Brazilian Real (R$) Check Todays Exchange Rate Here
Airport Reception: Our representative will be waiting with a sign as you exit the baggage area.
Accommodation Drop Off & Pickup Areas: Locations within the city limits of Puerto Iguazu. If staying at the Belmond Das Cataratas Hotel or outside the city, there is an extra charge you must add on the next page.
Argentine National Park Entrance Fee: The entrance to the Argentine falls is not included. Your entrance needs to paid directly by you when you arrive at the National park. Credit cards are not accepted, only cash in Argentine Pesos. If you require, your driver will take you to a location to change currency on the way.
Brazilian National Park Entrance Fee: The entrance to the Brazil side of the falls is not included. You may pay directly when you arrive at the National Park, and they accept cash & credit card, and there is also an ATM machine at the entrance, or you may pre-purchase your entrance on this page: Brazil Side Entrance Tickets
Luggage Storage: If you have luggage with you when going to the falls, you are required to store it in the National Park´s storage room (not included). More Info
Puerto Iguazu Eco Tourism Tax: The city of Puerto Iguazu charges all visitors a one time fee of 25 Argentine Pesos, and this fee is not included in the price of your transfer. On the way into Puerto Iguazu, all cars are required to stop at a booth where the city officials will collect this fee from you directly. Please make sure you keep your receipt, in order to avoid being charged twice.
Emergency Contact: We will send you phone numbers, email and WhatsApp details to stay connected.
Guide: No guide accompanies you at the falls. It is possible to add an English speaking guide to your reservation on the next page.
Pit-Stops: All services are non-stop transfers. Any stops on the way need prior permission (please contact us), or add one of our pit stops on the following page.
If you are having trouble with timing, do not worry, we will help you plan your stay after you make your booking. Or contact us before for more information.
Your driver will guide you through the process of exiting Argentina and entering Brazil
Important – this transfer crosses an international border. It is your responsibility to have the correct documents to complete the immigration processes.
Vehicles used are no older than 5 years and are insured against damages to the passenger regardless of whether in Brazil, Argentina or Paraguay. Drivers hold credentials from the Sest Senat training school in Foz do Iguaçu.
For 1 – 4 passengers – Private Sedan – Toyota Corolla, Chevrolet Zafira, Chevrolet Meriva or similar
Baggage Allowance: 4 standard sized principal suitcases or backpacks + 4 small carry on items able to fit at your feet if you are a group of 4. If you plan to travel with more luggage than the allowance, then contract the van transfer for 5 passengers instead.
For 5 – 12 passengers – Private MiniVan – Renault Master, Mercedes Sprinter or similar
Baggage Allowance: 12 standard sized principal suitcases or backpacks + 12 small carry on items able to fit at your feet if you are a group of 12. Contact us before booking if you plan to travel with more luggage than the allowance.